Tuesday, August 26, 2008

JR(Japan Rail) Pass

If you plan to travel to japan free & easy, one of the thing you must get is the JR Pass. Although this pass is not cheap (28,300 Yen around RM 800++ based on Yen exchange rate) but i think is still worth to get it.

There are 2 types of JR Pass, ordinary and green pass. The pass that I bought was ordinary pass and ordinary pass is already very good! If you need more information about JR Pass, you can go Japan Rail.

With this pass you can travel on all types of Shinkansen(Bullet train) except "Nozomi", Buses, trains and ferry UNLIMITED that operated by Japan Rail.

When I travel to Japan, my sister and I bought the JR Pass before we leave the country(JR Pass need to purchase outside of Japan). My sister colleague Jacqui did not buy the JR Pass so when we travel to Kyoto via Shinkansen she need to pay around 27,000 Yen for the return tickets. At that time, I really felt that luckily that I got the JR Pass!!

Although is unlimited rides, for Shinkansen you need to go the JR Counter to exchange the Shinkansen tickets. =)
This is the pass that I carried through out my journey.


Inside it written my name, date of issued and expiry date


In Tokyo, I just need to flash my JR pass to the officer at the station and I lazy till walking distance I also take the trains. =P

No comments: